I have learnt new insights throughout the world from these blogs and made blog friendships too. You’re all an inspiration to my world of blogging, so thank you to everyone who passes by.
If you wish to accept the challenge go ahead but please don’t feel obliged to answer the questions if you’d prefer not to. I also feel there are people I have missed out too for this award so please don’t feel abandoned – I nominate you all. 😉
11 Questions for the nominees
- Where in the world do you live?
- How long have you lived in your current place?
- Do you have a favourite hobby?
- If money was no object where would you love to visit?
- Do you have any pets/animals?
- Do you have a favourite place to write your blog?
- Where or what do you like to do when you need to escape and chill?
- Your favourite food or dish?
- What do you love about your home?
- Do you have a holiday booked for this year?
- How long have you known your closest friend?
This week I’ve felt the need to be a little more conscious of what I’m eating. I’ve doubled the amount of water that I usually drink in a day and no snacking at all once I’ve eaten my evening meal. I’ve also been more active in an evening. I used to walk a lot in the evenings but it seems to have lapsed and just confined to a weekend. Also 15 minutes before eating an evening meal I’d eat half a grapefruit. The enzymes are supposed to help to burn fat though has it many other benefits in a diet.
I decided to make a hearty Chicken Chorizo & Chickpea Casserole.
Adapt quantities for your household
2 large potatoes (adaptable)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
8 slices chorizo (adaptable)
2 chicken fillets (adaptable)
1 leek or onion
can of chickpeas (drained)
can of chopped tomatoes
300 ml chicken stock or stock cube
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1.5 tsp chillie flakes
Good handful of kale or spinach
- Bring the potatoes to the boil for 8 minutes and drain
- Add the oil to a pan and cook the chicken pieces
- Add the onion/leek and chorizo until onion/leek are softened
- In a large pan/casserole dish put all the ingredients apart from the spinach/kale and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes
- Put in the spinach/kale for 5 minutes
Sprinkle the casserole with parsley, serve and enjoy!
As for my desert…
Well it had to be a slice of homemade Coffee and Walnut cake!
Did I lose weight – yes and feel much better for it.