A tasty soup with a bit of a zing from the Ginger – mmm my kind of soup.
1 Butternut squash, peeled and diced
1 red onion
1 or 2 red peppers
Coarsely grated ginger
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
parsley to garnish
75g of wholemeal/seeded bread cut into small chunks
1/2 tsp mixed herbs
800ml any stock of choice
2tbsp vegetable oil
- Place the onion and garlic (if using) into the pan with the oil and cook until softened.
- Add the butternut Squash, red pepper, ginger and chilli flakes
- Stir being careful that nothing gets burnt
- Pour the stock over the mixture
- Leave to simmer with a lid on until the butternut is soft
- Put the chunks of bread onto a baking tray. Drizzle with some of the oil and all the mixed herbs and season with black pepper.
- Transfer to a blender until smooth
- Serve with croutons and garnish in the middle
This soup freezes well.