This is a great little healthy pudding and I should think any fruit could be used as alternatives. I’ve used apricots before…
4 whole peaches or a tin of peaches – stones removed and cut into pieces
1/2 lemon – juice
Vanilla essence or pods
2 tbsp light brown sugar – less if tinned
75g caster sugar
100g self raising flour
100g greek yoghurt
100ml semi-skimmed milk
200g blueberries or other fruit
1 tbsp flaked almonds – just enough to sprinkle across the top
- Grease a 1 litre dish
- Add peaches, lemon juice, vanilla (if using) and the light brown sugar to a pan. Heat through until peaches are soft.
- Whisk the eggs and caster sugar until light
- Add the flour and whisk until smooth
- Stir in the yoghurt
The latter produces a batter based consistency.
- Line the base of container with fruit but save a few blueberries for the top if using
- Pour the batter and remaining blueberries on
- Scatter the flaked almonds over the top
- Cook until the top is firm about 30 minutes at 180ºC, Gas 4
Serve with either Greek yoghurt, ice cream or custard whichever is your preference.